Soil Analysis via XRF (x-ray fluorescence) is a widely used and accepted method for site investigation, assessment, remediation, and monitoring. At Geotechnical, we know the challenges involved in obtaining accurate, reportable soil analysis data quickly and easily. We offer state-of-the art solutions for XRF soil testing.
Soil Analysis with a Handheld XRF Analyzer
Handheld XRF elemental soil analysis for environmental screening is fast and reliable. The press of a button allows you to test the elemental composition of soil or sludge for all 8 RCRA metals (Ag, As, Ba, Cd, Cr, Hg, Pb, Se), 12 of the 13 Priority pollutants (Ag, As, Cd, Cr, Cu, Hg, Ni, Pb, Sb, Se, Tl, Zn, Be), and even light elements (Mg, Al, Si, P, S). The Handheld XRF Analyzer is available with various configuration options and is easy to customize to assure especially accurate results for your application. Distinct advantages of using the Handheld XRF Analyzer for environmental soil analysis include:
- Fully compliant with U.S. EPA Method 6200 for delineating contamination boundaries in the field. Learn more about soil analysis with Method 6200.
- Non-destructive analysis allows samples to go to a laboratory for confirmatory testing when necessary
- Fast mapping of contamination boundaries - GPS coordinates with each reading
- Light element analysis (Mg, Al, Si, P, S) without helium or vacuum purge for ultimate portability
- Large surface area SDDs (silicon drift detectors) come standard in all Handheld XRF Analyzer instruments, assuring that you get the best value available in handheld XRF instrumentation
- Soil testing has never been faster or more repeatable-see it for yourself
Soil Analysis with Benchtop XRF Analyzers
All the power of the Handheld XRF Analyzer, plus the added accuracy and very low limits of detection of a Benchtop. Large, small, or micro-spot analysis, elemental mapping, liquids, sludge, slurries, and much more. Click here to learn more about Benchtop XRF instruments for soil analysis.
Please contact us for more information about soil analysis for environmental remediation and cleanup.
U.S. EPA Method 6200
Lead in Toys
Other Applications of XRF
Handheld XRF Analyzer
High End XRF