Colorimeter - LaMotte Smart3
What is Colorimetry?
Colorimetry is the study of absorbance and/or transmittance of light. A spectrophotometer type which reads the visible part of the Electro Magnetic (EM) spectrum is called a Colorimeter. It describes the observed colors in units of concentration (ppm) or absorbance (A) and percent T (percent transmittance).
Spectrophotometer vs. colorimeter compares a meter of technically high precision (spectrophotometer) versus a meter designed for a specific purpose, built cheaper and for ease of use, called a colorimeter. The absorbance or transmittance intensity of a colored solute is used to define the specific mineral ions and concentration in solution.
The colorimeter by LaMotte Smart3 is provided with various reagents to determine specific ions in solution. These "Test Method Reagents" are added to the unknown solution to determine the presence of certain "Test Factors". Over 75 preprogrammed Test Factors are available for the Smart3 colorimeter.
Smart3 Reagents systems include; Cyanide, Lead, Nitrate and Phosphate and Tannin, test factors.
LaMotte SMART 3 Colorimeter
Order Code # 1910
Colorimeter Lamotte SMART3 for a complete on-site water analysis, instrument features:
- 2 Year Warranty!
- IP67 Waterproof & Dustproof
- Large graphical liquid crystal display.
- Alphabetical test selection.
- Simple menu-driven operation.
- Data logger for 500 data points.
- Preprogrammed tests.
- 25 User tests.
- Auto off.
- USB port.
- Backlit display.
- Lithium Ion rechargeable battery or computer/wall adapter.
- European CE mark.
Additional advancements include:
- Superior narrow band-width interference filters.
- Super Twist Backlit LCD display for improved readability.
- Optional software for data storage and manipulation.
Buy a LaMotte Colorimeter Now
LaMotte Colorimeter Manual in pdf
We also rent LaMotte Turbidity Meters
Why buy a Colorimeter?